What we’re about
Digital Desperados are a small Glasgow (Scotland) based charity running free filmmaking courses for women (trans welcome) of colour where each participant makes their own short film. We also host free public film screenings of films that are by or about people of colour – often with a Q&A with the filmmakers/a panel – which are open to all. In 2015 we ran GLITCH – a free, 10 day QTIPoC Film Festival (Queer(LGBQ)/ Trans/ Intersex People of Colour) & the first of it’s kind in Europe.
Our events will always be free/pay-what-you-can as we believe in the arts being as financially accessible as possible.
With accessibility in high priority, all films screened, which do not already have english subtitles, will be subtitled by Digital Desperados. All events will be held in wheelchair accessible spaces with level access. All live events will have BSL interpretation whenever possible. At the moment we are not able to provide audio description but hope this to be possible in the future.
We welcome the screening of our films – please contact us via the contact form
- To empower the creativity of women of colour.
- To break down the barriers which prevent women of colour from making their own films.
- To be part of creating a rich creative culture where everyone can experiment with expressing their ideas, opinions, and visions, furthering their artistic development.
- To create public events which encourage cultural diversity and respect between people with different life experiences
- To be part of creating a world free of racism and sexism.